(Reviewed by Tammy)
Man is this good! Heavy, filling and completely satisfying. There's no way I could eat this often. After my 1 serving all I wanted to do was go back to bed! It would make a great dish to serve for brunch. I made a couple of alterations to suit my family's taste. First off, I used turkey bacon and secondly I didn't use as many eggs. Instead I fixed a bowl of scrambled eggs to serve on the side. They were super yummy mixed with the pizza. Another thing, this would even be fabulous without the pizza crust. We had leftovers that we refrigerated. They were even better the next day!
1 pound thick cut bacon
3 cups frozen hash browns
2 Tablespoons vegetable oil
1 red bell pepper, diced
1 green bell pepper, sliced
1 yellow bell pepper, sliced
Pizza dough (recipe here)
1/2 cup salsa
12 ounces fresh mozzarella, sliced
8 large eggs
Salt and pepper
1. Preheat the oven to 475. Place the rack in the lowest position.
2. Fry the bacon until chewy, then chop into bite size pieces.
3. Fry the frozen hash browns in a large skillet over medium-high heat with 1 Tablespoon of the vegetable oil until they're just starting to brown ( I seasoned mine with Tony's). Remove and set them aside on a plate.
4.In the same skillet, fry the red, green and yellow peppers over medium-high heat in the remaining 1 Tablespoon of vegetable oil for about 5 minutes or until brown. Set aside.
5. Roll out the pizza dough on a lightly oiled baking sheet. Spread the salsa over the surface.
6. Evenly distribute the sliced mozzarella over the top.
7. Sprinkle on the hash browns, bell peppers and bacon.
8. Crack the eggs here and there all over the surface of the pizza.
9. Bake for 13-15 minutes or until the crust is golden and the eggs are set. Serve immediately.