(Reviewed by Tammy)My husband was so impressed with this recipe! He made me feel like a famous chef with all of his raving. I definitely have to make this one again.
1 recipe Pam's Pie Crust (found here)
8 slices bacon, fried until chewy
2 yellow onions, sliced
2 Tablespoons butter
1 1/2 cups heavy cream
Salt and pepper to taste
2 cups grated sharp Cheddar cheese
1. Preheat oven to 400.
2. Begin by rolling out the pie dough.
3. Gently lay it in a large tart or deep dish pie pan...
4. And press it into the grooves in the pan. Set aside.
5. Chop up the bacon into bite-size pieces.
6. In a heavy skillet over medium-low heat, fry the onions in the butter until deep golden brown, 12-15 minutes
7. Mix the eggs, cream, and salt and pepper in a bowl.
8. Add the bacon, onions, and cheese....
9. And stir to combine.
10, Pour the filling into the pie shell, cover lightly with aluminum foil, and bake for 45 minutes. Remove the foil and bake for an additional 10 minutes or until the quiche is set and the crust is golden brown.
11. Remove from the oven and allow to sit for 10 minutes.