(Reviewed by Grace)I made this for lunch yesterday. Ree uses her favorite chicken salad recipe, and adds a little curry and pasta. On a scale of one to ten for this recipe's flavor, I'd have to give it a 5. The chicken salad has celery and the white/light green parts of a green onion. Personally, we didn't like the crunchiness as much as others. If I had to try this recipe again, I'd take out the celery and use the dark green parts of the green onion. We also did not include the grapes or almonds in this recipe.
Curry Chicken Pasta Salad
1 recipe Basic Chicken Salad
2 tablespoons brown sugar
3 tablespoons curry powder, more or less to taste (we did MORE!)
6 ounce's bow tie pasta, cooked and drained
3/4 cup regular or golden raisins (we did not include this)
For the Basic Chicken Salad:
1/2 cup mayonnaise
1/2 plain yogurt or sour cream (we did yogurt)
1/2 cup half-and-half
2 tablespoons lemon juice
2 tablespoons sugar
Kosher salt to taste
Freshly ground black pepper to taste
2 cups shredded or diced grilled chicken
2 or 3 celery stalks, chopped
3 green onions, sliced (white and light green parts only)
2 to 3 cups red and green grapes, halved
1.2 cups silvered almonds (we didn't include this)
A small handful of fresh dill, minced
1. First stir together the mayo, yogurt, and half-and-half. This is the base of the salad dressing, and you can change it up by adding whatever spices you like. (we added a bit of Tony's)
2. Add the lemon juice, sugar, and more salt and pepper. Stir this together and set aside.
3. Throw the chicken, celery, green onions, and grapes into a bowl.
4. Pour three-quarters of the dressing over the top, and add the fresh dill.
Note- I didn't read ahead on the Curried Chicken Pasta Salad (ALWAYS READ AHEAD!! (: ). You were supposed to substitute the regular sugar for the brown sugar.
5. Add the curry and toss to combine. Add the cooked pasta and...
voila! Curry Chicken Pasta Salad.