Pages

Sunday, April 6, 2014

Pizza Dough (Ree Drummond)

(Reviewed by Tammy)
Ree uses this pizza dough in several recipes throughout her cookbook.  It is very simple to make, but honestly not my favorite crust.  I prefer a chewier crust.  I've posted my favorite recipe for pizza dough here.  Try this one for yourself and see what you think.  Heads up-this dough has to rise at least an hour.

INGREDIENTS
1 scant teaspoon active dry yeast
3/4 cup warm water
2 cups all-purpose flour
3/4 teaspoon kosher salt
3 Tablespoons olive oil

1.  Combine the yeast and warm water in a small bowl.  Allow it to sit for 10 minutes.

2.  Add the flour to the bowl of an electric mixer. 
 3.  Sprinkle in the salt.

4.  Turn the mixer on low, then slowly pour in the olive oil.
5.  Finally pour in the yeast/water mixture.
6.  Stop mixing when everything comes together.  Transfer to a lightly oiled bowl and cover with plastic wrap (or a Charles Viancin silicone lid like I used.  I LOVE these lids!)

7.  Allow the dough to rise 1 hour before using.
Here I've used it in the Carnitas Pizza.

No comments:

Post a Comment