(Reviewed by Tammy)
I LOVE Caprese Salad! I could eat it everyday, just about every meal. It's so refreshing, so healthy and so easy to make. Plus it looks beautiful! You've got to try it.
2 cups balsamic vinegar
3 ripe tomatoes
12 ounces fresh mozzarella cheese, thickly sliced
Fresh basil leaves
Olive oil, for drizzling
Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
1. Measure the balsamic vinegar.
2. Pour into a saucepan.
3. Bring it to a gentle boil over low heat.
4. Cook for about 15 minutes or until it has reduced to a nice, thick (pourable) glaze. Cool to room temp.
5. Cut the tomatoes into thick slices.
6. Arrange on a platter, alternating them with the mozzarella slices.
7. Tuck whole basil leaves in between.
8. Drizzle olive oil in a thin stream over the top.
9. Drizzle on the balsamic reduction.
10. Finally sprinkle salt and pepper on top.
Perfection! Now tell me you don't like that!